Mica Corporation Career Opportunity
|Position Title:||Technical Sales Representative (TSR)|
|Reports To:||Vice President of Sales|
|Revision Date:||June 24, 2022|
As a leading developer and supplier of water-based primers and coatings, Mica Corporation (“Mica”) is growing our team to help solve the flexible converting industry’s toughest adhesion challenges. Our products are the industry standard, and our world-class team members are curious, creative thinkers and problem solvers. We promote a culture that values customer-centricity, innovation, sustainability, diversity, continuous improvement, and work-life balance. We have been in business for more than 50 years and are helping to enable a sustainable future for flexible packaging in more than 60 countries.
We are seeking an experienced technical sales professional with a track record of success in growing sales and profits in flexible packaging markets.
Actively looking to fill three (3) home-based positions, located:
1.) Upper Mid-West USA (Chicago/WI territory).
2.) Anywhere USA near a major airport.
3.) Anywhere the United Kingdom near a major airport (EMEA territory).
The Technical Sales Representative (“TSR”) is responsible for growing sales and winning new business, through direct and indirect channels partners. It will include developing technical solutions with, converters, brands, and industry leaders. The TSR is also responsible for the day-to-day oversight of their assigned sales territory, including establishing a territory growth plan, driving profitable sales growth, forecasting, customer support, technical service, business development and sales funnel management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- In conjunction with VP of Sales, develops and implements the strategic sales plan for assigned territory that maximizes sales and profitability while consistently meeting or exceeding sales objectives.
- Drives all sales, technical service, and business development activities for assigned territories. Includes planning, reporting, goal setting and sales execution.
- Proactively manages the sales funnel for the territory.
- Monitors results and produces regular reports of sales activity. Identifies gaps between budget, forecast and actual sales; and develops executable plans with respect to filling the gap.
- Builds and cultivates effective business relationships with various buying influences (any company, organization, group and/or person who can influence the purchase of Mica’s products).
- Conducts regular phone, virtual and in-person contact with current and potential new customers. Provides technical assistance, training, and direction regarding Mica products to customers, internal personnel, and external contacts.
- Uses and promotes the use of CRM. Keeps system updated with appropriate sales activity, customer contacts, leads, opportunity sales funnel and tasks.
- Represents Mica as the expert in the flexible packaging primers and coatings field.
- Attends trade shows and industry conferences to promote Mica products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying.
|Education/Experience:||· Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, Marketing, Engineering, Chemistry, or related field experience.|
· Five or more years’ technical sales experience in the flexible packaging, extrusion coating or lamination, or water-based coatings industry, including extensive knowledge of related materials, equipment and techniques.
|Skills:||· Demonstrated ability to manage and develop a sales territory.|
· A positive attitude and excellent professional communication skills
· A strong customer-focused sales process methodology: Lead & sales funnel management; forecasting; reporting and territory strategy development & execution.
· Demonstrated consistent history of driving results through direct and indirect sales channels utilizing a sales funnel process.
· Strong persuasive solution & value selling skills.
· Good time management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Solid documentation skills.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of complex technical documents and specifications.
· Proficiency in computer software programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Concur, and Zoom.
· Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
· Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
· The ability to travel up to 50% of the time to the designated region(s), as well as Mica’s HQ in Shelton, CT, to call on accounts and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Great listener.
· Excellent writer
|Knowledge:||· Extensive knowledge of flexible packaging, polymer extrusion, primers, coatings, and adhesives including application and general uses.|
· Extensive knowledge of CRM software applications and experience maintaining data in such systems.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
|Work Environment||· Work is performed in an office environment with occasional exposure to warehouse, laboratory and manufacturing environments.|
· Safety glasses and other personal protective equipment may be required in laboratories and manufacturing sites.
· Regular travel to customer offices, plants, or other sites as required.
|Physical Demands||· Extended periods of sitting and computer/keyboard work.|
· Ability to visit customer sites in all weather conditions.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement. It is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other duties as requested. Job duties are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate.
At Mica Corporation, customers and quality come first. Our team members treat each other with the utmost respect, courtesy, and professionalism. We encourage every team member to balance work and home priorities and to learn something new every day. We believe that through teamwork and mutual support, Mica’s team and business will continue to thrive.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Mica offers the following benefits. Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Mica and the region where you work.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement & Profit-Sharing Plan
- Paid Sick and Personal Leave
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Parental Leave