In April, Mica Corporation and TAPPI, in conjunction with the TAPPI FlexPack PLACE Conference, will award a $4,000 scholarship to a TAPPI Student Chapter member enrolled in a packaging or related major.
Criteria for Eligibility for the Daniel Siegel Scholarship
- Be a high school senior, college undergraduate, or graduate student as of the date of the application and attending college full time on the date of the award.
- Must be a student member of a TAPPI or of a TAPPI Student Chapter and be enrolled in a packaging or related major.
- Must exhibit respectable academic standing.
- Demonstrate an interest in the technological areas covered by the International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division.
A student may apply for the scholarship each even-numbered year, but the award will not be given to the same person twice consecutively.
The following items need to be received by TAPPI no later than February 15, 2022, to be considered for this year's award.
- A completed Scholarship Checklist and TAPPI Division Scholarship General Information Form. (Request one by e-mailing email@example.com)
- Official or Unofficial transcript of grades.
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
- Optional – Letter of recommendation from an individual who can attest to the applicant’s character, academic ability, or interest in packaging or related fields.
- Send all of the above to:
Attention: TAPPI Flexible Division Awards Committee
15 Technology Parkway South, Suite 115
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
Selection and Notification
The Division Awards Committee will select the recipient of the Daniel Siegel Scholarship. Preference in the selection of the scholarship recipient will be given to the applicant able to demonstrate seriousness in pursuing a career in the packaging industry. In making its selection, the Awards Committee will not only consider the documentation submitted but may also, if it so chooses, conduct interviews with individual applicants, by telephone if personal interviews are not practical. The scholarship recipient will be notified as soon as the selection process has been completed. Unsuccessful applicants will also receive notification.
To learn more or apply, please visit the TAPPI IFPED website.